Forum Discussion

ScottShimer
Qrew Member
2 years ago

How to turn off Hyperlinks in report

When a field is added to a report that points to a parent record QuickBase makes it a hyperlink so the parent record can be opened from the report.  How can the hyperlink for these parent records be deactivated?

Business Objective:  I am making specific reports available to a role where the report contents need to be visible, but they should not be able to open the linked record in a form.

I looked in the report configuration where I thought there was a switch to turn off hyperlinks, but I could not find it.  Then I looked in the form parameters for the table to see if I could eliminate a form from the role, but leaving it blank or "no access" were not options.  I looked in the role security configuration, but nothing related to form access.  I could not deactivate table access because the users in the role do need to see the data in various reports and children reports where there is context to the value(s).

------------------------------
Scott Shimer
Southwest Airlines

3 Replies

• np, 
    look on the field properties for the field and de-select
    Lookup options
    Display as a link to the related record

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion
      If you sometimes have the situation where you want some roles to have the hyperlink and other roles not to have the hiccups for link or then just make a mirror field with a Formula equal to the value of the hyper link field. Then that will be a form of the field and it will not have a hyperlink.

Then you can choose which field to put on certain reports and you can have form rules to show or hide the hyperlink or non-hyperlink field based on the role that the user is in.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        SteveHanson
        Qrew Trainee
        This is helpful. Thank you both!

Steve Hanson