Forum Discussion

RachelCohen1
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

How to turn off the ""helpful"" spelling/word suggester when using the Search bar?

Hi -- I often need to search for names with unusual spellings.  The "alternate spelling suggester" that pops up when using the search bar automatically overwrites the correct spelling and is totally annoying.  Is there a way to shut it off?

Thank you,
Rachel

3 Replies

• Hi Rachel, 

What search bar are you referring to? Is it the one at the very top of your application on the right side, or on the top of a report page, or perhaps on a homepage?

Also, what browser are you using to access Quick Base?

I'm using Chrome, and don't see this behavior on any of these search bars... which makes me inclined to believe that it may be browser setting.

-Sharon
  • Hi Sharon,  Thank you for that sensible response!  I think you are right.  It's Safari.  I haven't noticed the pop up in other browsers.  I've been using Safari because the printing side is MUCH better than either Chrome or Firefox (does landscape, changes paper size, etc.).  Trade-offs!

Best,
    Rachel
      Quick_BaseJunki
      Qrew Captain
      Mystery solved! Hopefully, that's something you can control with the Safari settings. I can only imagine how frustrating it's been.