Forum Discussion

PaulEaston
Qrew Assistant Captain
11 months ago

Remove "manage support cases" link from help button drop-down

Is there any way to remove the "manage support cases" link in the drop-down when you click on the help icon, based on role?

We do not want most users to be able to submit support tickets with QuickBase. We would prefer that they submit issues via our internal ticketing system. I would like to hide the "manage support cases" link for everyone except those in certain roles. If it can't be done by role, than I would rather remove it all together. 

Is this possible?

------------------------------
Paul Easton

6 Replies

• Also, when setting Role permissions, you can check to hide the UI for "Help" and set this on a role by role basis.
      JacekLewandows1
      Qrew Member

This solution only works for one application and needs to be developed for each role separately.

Is it possible to do this for the entire organization? So that every new application you create has this option unchecked by default and it's better if it's blocked.

Jacek Lewandowski
  • Have you confirmed that other users can actually see the Manage Support Cases link?  I believe that in my realm/organization, most users cannot see that anyway.  You have to have a certain level of permissions to see it.

PaulEaston
      Qrew Assistant Captain

When I view as another role or user, I still see it, but then I'm still logged in under my account. I will test with user with limited permissions and see if when actually logged in from the limited-user account it is still shown. 

Paul Easton
        JoelHickok
        Qrew Cadet

I think the key is in the follow-up screen shot I posted.  You must check the box indicated.