Forum Discussion

LB
Qrew Trainee
4 months ago

Options in a drop down

I have an application that uses a reference field to pull in info from another table and another drop down with different options. 

Is there a way to make the drop down only display certain options based off what is selected in the reference field?

I've looked at the conditional info, but that doesn't seem to apply to only having the field show the options that apply based off what is selected in the reference field. 

For example if the user picks ABC store then in the line of business field I only what the option 123 to show...

------------------------------
LB

5 Replies

• Does your secondary option have the matching input to match 123 with ABC in your example? Assuming that your second option is a reference field to another table also you can certainly use conditional dropdowns and is the way you want to go. Can you provide a little more info to help us figure out how to set that up in your structure?

Chayce Duncan
      LB
      Qrew Trainee

My secondary field is not in a reference field it just in a regular drop down field. The one field uses information referenced in another field to supply the drop down options - and based of what is selected in that field I would like to have my other drop down field only show certain options vs all of the options - or even default select an option for them. 

LB
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Unfortunately conditional dropdowns are only accessible through a relationship/table type setup. I would advise that instead of using a generic text-multiple choice with shared values that you create a table of those options and have your users pick from that table accordingly. That is the only way to dynamically update the list of options in a dropdown on a record by record basis. 

Chayce Duncan