Forum Discussion

StephenStephen1
Qrew Member
10 years ago

How to use Most Recent Date in a Dynamic Filter

I am Using to Tables:

Companies &

Projects.

I have created a relationship between the two Tables that allows me to look at the "most recent date" of a Project for a Company.

I have a report that shows the most recent dates per each Company. Now I want to use the Dynamic Filter to allow me to look at Companies Contacted in the recent month. But.... The Most Recent Date field does NOT appear as an option for the Dynamic Filter.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

3 Replies

• Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately it's not currently possible to use a summary field as a dynamic filter. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. For a complete list of field types that can be used as dynamic filters, you can see the chart in his help topic:

http://www.quickbase.com/user-assistance/#dynamic_filters.html

If you have a minute, could you log this as an idea to improve QuickBase? You can access our feedback page from your 'My Apps' page, and then clicking the orange feedback button from the left hand side of the screen.

Thanks,

Brian
  • I know it's been several years, but I had this exact problem and wanted to let future generations know of the easy solution.  

Just create a Formula-Date field, and set the formula to just equal the value of the Summary field.  It mirrors the value exactly, but can also be used as a dynamic filter for reports. 
      AaronZielinski
      Qrew Cadet
      Andrew, I filter by date (shown below), but would love to be able to have the current date be the beginning date.  However, I don't want to hard code it in though where I can't select a date that is before the current date.  Do you know if your solution above can do this or any other way to achieve this goal?  Thanks!