Forum Discussion

SaurabhRathi
Qrew Member
4 years ago

How we can version control in QuickBase?

Hi Guys,

Any idea how we can do version control in Quickbase, so I have capability to rollback the changes or do work with my team parallelly?

Also please let me know if we can create different environment like QA, Development, Staging and Production?

Many Thanks
Saurabh

------------------------------
Saurabh Rathi

6 Replies

• Quick Base does not have version control in the strictest sense, it's setup to allow for rapid/immediate deployment of changes. You do have the ability - depending on your plan - to enable a Sandbox for testing changes and then pushing those changes to production. The Sandbox does not allow for multiple users to work in it at the same time, however. Also, when Sandbox has been enabled, no changes can be made within the production environment, only in the Sandbox.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/
      SaurabhRathi1
      Qrew Member

Hi @Blake Harrison,

Thanks for your response.

Is there any way that multiple team member working on Sandbox or in one app in QuickBase at one time?

Saurabh Rathi
      SaurabhRathi1
      Qrew Member

Hi Blake,

Thanks for your response.

Is there any way that multiple team member working on Sandbox or in one app in QuickBase at one time?

Saurabh Rathi
        AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        I think maybe Blake was not understanding the exact question but yes you absolutely can have multiple users working in a single sandbox. I do it every single day and it is how my company works with apps. At the top of the app that is in sandbox mode you just click the big green LIVE! dropdown and select the sandbox and you can enter it. I'm not sure if this is some specific thing on higher plans at Quick Base, I just know we can do it. You do need to invite the other users to the sandbox of course and set their roles or have a group set up that makes it all automatically happen.

There are things you NEED to watch for though. You can easily lose work.

Make sure only a single user is working on any one table at any given time. The reason for this is say User A is in the process of editing a form and making changes and then they save the form. Unbeknownst to them User B was working on an unrelated issue in the same form. User B saved first, 20 minutes ago, while User A was still working on the form on their end. User A now saves the form. Every single thing that User B changed and modified in there is now wiped out. 

This happens because the version of the form User A had was loaded prior to the changes made by User B.