Forum Discussion

MattWinger
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

I DO NOT WANT PURPLE Anywhere on my Apps!

We have an Enterprise account and our corporate colors are orange, gray and white. We tolerated the QuickBase Blue but the change yesterday has made our apps unusable and extremely 'non-branded'  All of our users, internal and external are confused and want us to go back to our corporate colors and old fonts so things fit on the pages. However when trying to provide a white banner the links in the top right become invisible... There also seems to be NO WAY to get rid of the horrible purple that has nothing to do with our brand.  When will we be able to brand our Apps as our own with our own colors?

15 Replies

• Sam Jones, Product Manger,  says there is a patch being pushed tonight.  They will be using a darker shade of your own branding color for the application tabs. 
  • I COMPLETELY agree with the original post.  He really has a pulse on the QuickBase public. 
  • So a rocky day today, but Quick Base listened and is reacting with a great solution.
      MattWinger
      Qrew Trainee
      I do not consider the monochrome header and taqs a 'great solution'. It is a poor recovery attempt from a disastrous release.
      HarrisonHersch
      Qrew Member
      The of the bar is based off of your branding color in the header. It is a monochromatic approach that solves the problem in a simple way without going overboard on customization options.
      MattWinger
      Qrew Trainee

Some of us pay hefty monthly subscription fees for customization that we lost Sunday. A monochrome header scheme doesn't 'solve' the problem.

• It is a vast color conspiracy led by Pantone Color Institute in declaring PANTONE 18-3838 TCX Ultra Violet to be the color of year for 2018. Read on:

The color of the year for 2018 is �ultra violet,� according to Pantone Color Institute, a color consulting company that each year chooses a color that symbolizes design trends and cultural mood.

Pantone called the 2018 color �dramatically provocative and thoughtful� in its announcement.

Ultra violet �communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking that points us towards the future,� said Leatrice Eiseman, Pantone�s executive director.

Pantone�s 2018 color follows 2017�s choice of �greenery,� which the Pantone said at the time provided �the reassurance we yearn for amid a tumultuous social and political environment.�
    If you want I could write a Service Worker that could allow you to change the color scheme to something less conspiratorial and restore those greenery buttons.
  • been with QuickBase from the beginning........color is terrible....hard to view.....
      _anomDiebolt_
      Qrew Elite
      I like QuickBase and have been using it for a very long time. Considering that it is almost 19 years old (started in 1999 I think)  you would think the color scheme would not be the issue of the day - how about Analytics, Machine Learning, Voice Control, Advanced Visualizations, Workflows, LINQ style Query Language, Big Data, Virtual / Augmented Reality etc.  Other civilizations have evolved their QuickBase technology at faster rates.