Forum Discussion

SaviNewman1
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

I Need One Field To Auto Populate

Hello,

I've tried report links, URL's, Formulas etc...and I can't seem to get it to communicate.

I have a customers table, where I input all their information for their "account" (Email, Phone, Address)
and I have a service call table, this table is something I fill out when they request work to be done. When work is requested by calling me, I have on their account page a "add service call" button in their account, it directs me to my "service call table"
How can I get it, so when I press "add service call" it auto populates their specific information into the service call? (Name, Phone Number, Address, E-Mail) while still allowing me to modify the details of the work they want done?
Is this possible? I know how to get two fields to speak to each other when within the same table, but can't seem to get separate table fields to talk.

------------------------------
Newman, Savi

11 Replies

• The typical set up needs to be a relationship where one customer has many service calls. Then you edit that relationship and add look up fields to bring down customer information fields like their address down to the service call record. Be sure that those fields appear on the Service call form.  

then if you need additional fields on the service call form specific to the service call then you would create new fields on the Service Call record  and add them to the form

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      SaviNewman1
      Qrew Trainee
      I am a newbie, I have added the look up fields, maybe I did it wrong.

But after saving, and clicking "add a new service call" from the customer's table it doesn't populate the customers information from the account page.

Now, I have made it so on each customer page - they have any related service calls displayed on their account.

Attached is some pictures for reference.

Newman, Savi
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Are you saying that the embedded report of service calls on the customer page does not show the field you want? Or are you saying that the service call record itself does not show the field you want?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com