Forum Discussion

AaronZielinski
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

I'd like to be able to send out an automated email to an employee on the day of their birthday.

I'd like to be able to send an automated email to each employee in our organization on their birthday.  We have their birthdays listed in Base in the format MM-DD-YYYY (04-19-2018).  I'd like this to trigger every year on that specific day.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

9 Replies

• Hi Aaron,

You can create a formula date field and use the below formula. It will show the current date when your birthday falls. Based on this field you can trigger a notification.
    Date(Year(Today()),Month([Date of Birth]),Day([Date of Birth]))  
    Thanks,
    Gaurav
      AaronZielinski
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks Gaurav.  If I have a birthday associated with each individual resource (employee), what's the best way to configure the above formula to trigger off notifications independently to each affected employee?  Thanks for your help.  I'm learning, but am definitely not a super skilled user.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Aaron, you would need to have a birthday report go to an internal user by daily Subscription and then then that internal user click a button set a date to today and refresh the report.

The email would trigger on that date being changed, and the report would filter on people who's birthday is today and the email was not sent today.

So the report would refresh and you click the next record.

That will be the only way to semi automate emailing non users.

Mark
      AaronZielinski
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks Dan.  Looks like this would be a great option, but all of the employees aren't registered Base users.  The reminder does not give me the option to send to the employee's email address.  Only options are different "users".