Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
2 years ago

Ideas for multi record notification when records are deleted?

I have a table of leases, and a child table of expenses. When expenses change, it fires a notification off. When expenses are deleted, it also fires a notification. This all works great, except in the specific scenario when multiple child records are deleted at once. In this case, the multi record notification fires, but there is very little information available. I would like to put in a link to the parent record, but I don't think that is possible since I cannot reference a field in the multirecord.

My only idea is to make a report of recently changed expenses, but that would only work if they click on the link to the report the same day the notification is fired. Anyone else have creative solutions to this issue? 

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

6 Replies

• One solution is to take away the permissions for normal users to delete. And please give them a check box on the expense records called [Request Deletion].

Then have a pipeline watch for that checkbox and delete the record. I think you will find that if 100 records are deleted the pipeline will fire 100 separate times and the app will see that as 100 single record update Notifications.   

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander

That's the solve for now, though I used a webhook instead of a pipeline so it would happen instantly. I used a button push instead of a checkbox, so they are forced to delete one by one.

Mike Tamoush

MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

Can you post your multi record webhook code?  It mjkst use the Repeat On syntax?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com