Forum Discussion

JillianP
Qrew Member
3 months ago

If blank = Time of Day Field + 1 Hour

I followed another thread and was successfully able to create time blocks in a calendar report. However, because I created a new field for moving forward, I have thousands of records without any data in that field. 

I am trying to create a formula that states if the field is empty then add an hour from another time of day field.

I had [Appointment Start Time] already and have created [Appointment Estimated End Time] (Both Formula - Time of Day fields)

In the calendar, the calendar is based on a Timestamp field of [Work Order Date] + [Appointment Start Time] (Formula - Date/Time field)

For the Calendar's "End Date" I will also use a Timestamp field of [Work Order Date] + [Appointment Estimated End Time] (Formula - Date/Time field)

It will work - but brings me to the issue that I want to enter data into the empty fields of [Appointment Estimated End Time] so that all previous records still show within the calendar.

I know this is wrong but I want it to read something like:

IF (is null ([Appointment Estimated End Time]), ([Appointment Start Time] + Hours (1))

In the field I want it to be an hour after the start time. It needs to read "if blank" rather than having it go to a default 1 hour. It won't always be 1 hour moving forward and another time of day will be manually entered.

------------------------------
Jillian P

3 Replies

• The formula you have is a good start - something like: 

IF ( isnull([Appointment Estimated End Time]), [Appointment Start Time] + Hours (1), [Appointment Estimated End Time])

where it will add 1 hour to start if there is no end time, else use the end time.

Chayce Duncan
      JillianP
      Qrew Member

I'm not having any luck. The field "Est. End Time" isn't identified within the formula field of "Est. End Time". Date / Time and Time of Day fields don't seem to like being in the same formula?

My fields are as follows:

"WO Date" - (Date)

"Appt. Time" - (Time of Day)

"Est. End Time" - (Time of Day)

"Appt. TimeStamp Start Date/Time" - (Formula Date/Time)

-- ToTimestamp ([WO Date], [Appt. Time]) --

"Appt. TimeStamp End Date/Time" - (Formula Date/Time)

-- ToTimestamp ([WO Date], [Est. End Time]) --

Which field would your formula go under?

"Est. End Time" does not want to reference itself within a formula.

Jillian P
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Just so I can make sure I still understand - you created future records that have a start date & start time but they don't have a end date / end time so you're trying to simply add an hour to start time so it appears on reports correct? 

If I'm close - then the formula you should be updating is the appt. timestamp end date/time with some version of what I provided but now updated since you provided your field names: 

Appt. TimeStamp End Date/Time

If( isnull([Appointment Estimated End Time]),

[Appt. TimeStamp Start Date/Time] + Hours (1), 

ToTimestamp ([WO Date], [Est. End Time]))

Chayce Duncan