Forum Discussion

FrankPopoli_Jr
Qrew Member
2 years ago

If/Then

I am trying to make an amount paid field autofill based on another filed if a I select a certain status.  If that status is not chosen, I want the ability to fill that field in manual.

Example,

If "paid" then autofill AMOUNT PAID from Amount billed field (means record is paid in full).  I did this and that works fine.  But if I chose a status other than "paid" I want to be able to manually enter an amount in the AMOUNT PAID field as it may not be paid in full or not yet paid but I need to change the status to indicate that I am working on that record so do not want a paid amount in that filed yet.

------------------------------
Frank Popoli Jr

3 Replies

• Have you tried making the field [amount paid] a data entry numeric field and using a form rule to populate it.  It sounds like you may be using a formula field.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
    DwightMunson1
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but I assume that if a partial payment can be made, then more than one could be made. I would then make a payments child table and roll up that summary into your formula Amount Paid field.

Dwight Munson
      DonLarson
      Qrew Commander
      I will second the solution from Dwight.  It is a common problem that I have had to deal with.

This is the basic architecture.  The Payment Type table is real important as there is always a management need to describe the money received for Revenue Recognition purposes.

Don Larson