Forum Discussion

BenBen
Qrew Trainee
9 years ago

Import Data Option

For some reason I'm no longer able to access the Export/Import option for one of my 3 tables.

This is a new implementation so I was entering a lot of test data, including through imports. Today I deleted all that data to start fresh, and while the Export/Import option is still available for two tables it's missing from the one I really need it for. I haven't touched the permissions so I'm rather perplexed.

6 Replies

• You say that you are able to access the import menu in some tables.  Did you try getting into the import function and change the drop down choice for table to import into?
    BenBen
    Qrew Trainee
    Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'getting into the import function'
  • If you click in the table icon for the table you are trying to import into, you early should be seeing an Import/ Export drop down as an action.

I was just suggesting that if you are in fact able to import into other tables in that same app successfully, then go to a different table and start the Import Export process, but that process does offer you a choice if Tables, so see if you can select that recalcitrant table.
  • Can you clarify?  The option to Import / Export should be on every Table Home page after you click the table Home page icon.  Or else its on the Main App dashboard page too.  Once you get in there, it should the first 5 or so tables and then you have to use the tiny "More" button to see all the tables.
  • The only time I see this disappear on a table; is if you have a Summary-report displayed as the default-table report.  Then you have to start in another table; or from the HOME page to get to the import/export link.