Forum Discussion

JimHarrison
Qrew Champion
3 years ago

In Product Guidance pop-up

I opened QB this morning and was greeted with this alert.

Quoted text from alert:
"Your app's users may soon begin seeing in-product guidance in Quickbase. We will not directly contact users as part of this effort. This is purely about helping your users be more productive.

For example, some of your users may see a short video they can watch to learn how they can save time by building personal reports. Guides like this will only appear for users who you have granted access to use the feature being highlighted."

1. What is the value of this feature?
2. Is this change from a UserVoice/Give Feedback?
3. Can we disable this as realm admins? Because I have a feeling our organization is going to want this gone.
4. Who are the Customers that asked for this as a feature?

Thoughts?

------------------------------
Jim Harrison
transparency = knowledge + understanding : The Scrum Dudes

4 Replies

• Hi Jim, providing in-product, contextual guidance for end users is an industry-standard practice designed to help users get their work done more quickly. Improving the product this way should also reduce the time app builders like you spend fielding questions from your end users. We are designing this as part of the core product experience, so it cannot be disabled for specific accounts. This contextual guidance will eventually cover all types of users (admins, builders, and end users). However, we wanted to call attention to the end user part since that is not something Quickbase has included before.

Brian Cafferelli
    Product Marketing Manager | Quick Base
      JimHarrison
      Qrew Champion
      Hi Brian,

So if we decide users cannot create custom reports and remove the feature and they watch a video saying you can have custom reports, now we are going to field a different set of questions. I question the logic of ROI and why the decision was made to remove the democracy of allowing the customer to disable or enable a feature no one is requesting.

From our perspective, it appears Quickbase is working on unrequested projects that provide no apparent value, while other features are experiencing performance issues. It is concerning and there is no transparency regarding the decision making process behind these changes.

Jim Harrison
      transparency = knowledge + understanding : The Scrum Dudes
        BrianCafferelli
        Qrew Captain
        I'm not quite sure what you mean about end users seeing videos in the product about personal reports. I can confirm that none of these guides, whether for end users, builders or admins, will appear unless the user has been granted access to the feature the guide covers.

The intent here is to make all Quickbase users more productive by connecting them with useful features that are relevant to what they're working on. We see huge potential here, since Quickbase has built up a wide range of features over the years and there is always a learning curve to learn how to make the most out of a powerful platform like Quickbase.

This is just one small piece of our overall investment to innovate and improve the product, so it's not related to our many other projects such as improving the performance of new table reports.

Brian Cafferelli
        Product Marketing Manager | Quick Base