Forum Discussion

AaronAlpert1
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Include a report table in a notification email

Hi! I have created a notification that sends an email any time a record is added to a table called "instance." I want to include a report with this email. I've been able to include a link to this report, by adding the following HTML snippet in my custom email message:
<a href="https://myCompany.quickbase.com/db/brckkkkkk?a=q&qid=5&nv=1&v0=[Related Subsystem]">Click here</a>

Side note: The [Related Subsystem] marker makes sure this report filters records that share the same parent record in the Subsystem table.

But what I really want to do is show this report, in the format of a table, in the notification email body itself. I tried using <iframe> to embed the webpage with the report into the email, but that didn't work. Just to be clear, I do not want to create a subscription -- the email needs to get sent when the trigger happens (new record created), not on a daily or weekly schedule.

I would appreciate any advice, thank you!

------------------------------
Aaron Alpert

7 Replies

• I suggest that you create a dedicated mini form for this purpose. The Mini form will just have the embedded report on it. When you set up  the notification and  include the marker which says to include a copy of the form it will let you specify which form to use.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JenBlack
      Qrew Member
      Hi Mark, I'm resurrecting this thread a bit to see if this "mini form" solution is still available. I don't see this listed in my Markers for my notification. 

Is there still a way to accomplish this?

Thanks for any information you can provide. 

Jen

Jen Black
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        The Mini Form is just a smaller version of your current form that you will create. You can copy your form and hack away everything you don't want.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • The mini form idea definitely works. I just implemented it to present a report of overdue records on import (not just add). Setting up on a per add basis is relatively straight forward if you do as mark said. For Imports, youll need to leverage an automation that only edits one record. Then make the notification only fire when that one record has been changed.

GMacri