Forum Discussion

GeoffreyHarmuth
Qrew Captain
8 years ago

Increase related table sizes in forms

When I drill down into a form, there are related tables that are displayed on the form as well, but I cant seem to get the table to stretch across the screen.  Its as if each form is divided into 2 columns.  I have attached a pic.  Is there any way around this?

9 Replies

• On the form properties for that Report Link field, erase the Maximum height and the rows to display.
  • Use the image onload technique on the parent record with a script similar to this:

$("div.VRinDiv").css("width", "1000px");

See the before and after screenshots of applying the script manually through the console.

if you need help implementing this solution feel free to contact me off-world using the information in my profile.
  • How would I increase the height attribute? This doesn't seem to work for me:
    $("div.VRinDiv").css("height", "450px");
      MCFNeil
      Qrew Captain
      The height automatically adjusts depending on how many rows you allow to display (via editing the form element)

I don't think you'd want to cut a row off mid line by overriding the css for the page.
      SteveMcLain
      Qrew Trainee
      Classic over-thinking. Thanks for sending me in the right direction. 
  • This works well for the first embedded report on a form, but doesn't seem to work for the others. Is there a way to do this for every embedded report?
  • Steve,
    Are you saying that if you erase 

Maximum height (pixels): (optional) 
    Rows to display: (leave blank for all)

That the report does not stretch all the way across?  Or is your issue that you want the full width but not all records.
      SteveMcLain
      Qrew Trainee
      Oh, I didn't realize that leaving those blank caused the table to increase in size like that. Interesting.  Deleting the Rows to display property did the trick. Thanks. 
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      The names of those settings and the resultant behavior are non intuit-ive (I guess that QuickBase is not longer Intuit either ) .  All I know is that I hate scrolling, so I blank them out and figure that if the report is too long, I put it in a collapsible section and the user can close the section.