Forum Discussion

LizLiz
Qrew Trainee
7 months ago
Solved

Rate Increase

Hi;
Is anyone else considering looking elsewhere due to the rate increase?  Possibly quickbase's increases are staggered but ours is effective today - 65% increase!!!!  Our company can't afford that.

We are a small company and do not need 20 users for the least cost package.  What are smaller companies to do when they only need say 10 users?

------------------------------
Liz Kaminski
  • One option to consider is that some of the larger QuickBase solution providers including for example VARC, include in their range of services to host your application and sell you individual seats.  Basically you are riding on their much larger plan. 

I do have a client who really only needed two user IDs and hence he found it cost effective to go that route. I don't know what their pricing is and it's entirely possible that buying 10 seats on a one by one basis is going to be the same price as the 20 seat package direct from Quickbase . But you could ask.  You could also inquire with some of the other larger brand-name, QuickBase solution providers, such as Trinity, The Data Collaborative, and Veil Sun.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

5 Replies

DonLarson
    Qrew Commander

My clients a very unhappy about the price increases and the enormous drop in API calls.  I have one that has a 32% price increase with a 93% cut in service.

Don Larson
      AlexPatterson
      Qrew Trainee

Unfortunate experience for us as well this past month as well--massive 163% price increase while forced to move to a plan that reduced our API calls capacity by 93% of what we previously had. Just beyond any reasonable expectation.

Alex Patterson
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander

I'll echo this same thing, but it happened to us a year ago. An unreasonable price increase vs a quote we had just 6 months earlier. I for one will likely stop recommending QB as a platform for other companies (which saddens me). If we all do the same, perhaps QB will listen and stop price gouging. I understand that any platform needs to gradually increase their pricing, but the level at which they do it is predatory. I would describe Quickbase as the best platform of it's kind in existence, and the most evil.

Mike Tamoush
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion

One option to consider is that some of the larger QuickBase solution providers including for example VARC, include in their range of services to host your application and sell you individual seats.  Basically you are riding on their much larger plan. 

I do have a client who really only needed two user IDs and hence he found it cost effective to go that route. I don't know what their pricing is and it's entirely possible that buying 10 seats on a one by one basis is going to be the same price as the 20 seat package direct from Quickbase . But you could ask.  You could also inquire with some of the other larger brand-name, QuickBase solution providers, such as Trinity, The Data Collaborative, and Veil Sun.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com