Forum Discussion

Axsess_EnergyGr
Qrew Cadet
8 years ago

Is it possible to add an HTML table to a form?

Is it possible to add an HTML table to a form that references QB formula fields in the cells of the table?  If yes, a simple example would be great. 

Thanks,

Tony

4 Replies

• I'm familiar with 3 ways to do something similar. The first would just be to use Text elements on the form and insert HTML code into these. This is tedious because each time you need to reference a field, you have to add that field in the form and then continue the HTML in another Text element. It can also look a bit "off" due to how Text elements are formatted by QuickBase in the larger context of the form.

The second way would be to build it as a Text Formula field where you would have the Allow HTML checkbox selected. This gives you a much better result, but you still have to build it as a formula, which can have its own challenges.

The last way I've seen it done is by building the HTML as a Code Page in the app and then using a Text Formula field with a small bit of JScript to call the page. 
  • Blake...do you have any examples that you could share of the second approach...i.e., build it as a Text Formula field where you would have the Allow HTML checkbox selected.  .....?
      StephanieHarris
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      when i click on the link it takes me to the QB Community page but not your specific answer to this question. _