Forum Discussion

KirstenKissmeye
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Is it possible to include relationship lookup fields from grandparent table?

I have 3 related tables. Event is child of Division is child of Category. Divisions relationship to Category defines field CategoryName as look up field. This field appears with data when I view Division. In Events relationship to Division I am specifying Division lookup field CategoryName as lookup field . But this field does not appear when I view Events table data. Should this reference of a field through 2 levels of relationships work? Tx

2 Replies

• Yes, for sure you can have a lookup field and then look it up again down to the next level.

On the relationship between Division and Events use the + to open up to reveal the source field.  Maybe what you call category got messed up somehow and its a lookup of a deleted field or a wrong field.  
  • Thanks for the rapid response. Something was messed up somewhere from either relationships I had made myself or ones generated by reports I made. I deleted all reports and relationships and created first the relationships and then the reports and now all is well!