Forum Discussion

JoeSmith
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Is there a report that will display all elements of a custom form, and the properties for each element?

I need a report that will list all elements on custom forms, and the properties for each element. 

3 Replies

• Hello Joe, are you asking for a schema output of a form? That would be amazing. I haven't seen any thing like it, but I can dream with you.

A schema output of every form ID by table, with each form element and options listed, with every form rule called out, and form properties. 
    Additionally how each form is used per role and per report overrides.

I would see the benefit of this for app to app deployments. I hope the Gurus of the forum have some secret for us on this request. For now, I think we are stuck looking at the form elements and usage from the table menu. 

• Hi Slider, yes, that is exactly what I am looking for.  Currently, we are creating them manually.  It is painful and prone to errors.  (Typical humans)

It would be great if Forms could be added to API_GetSchema. Then, I would have everything in one location. 
    We use alternate labels on almost every field.

• I am using a Selenium reference for Excel VBA to scrape the form field list and properties into spreadsheets.  It has made the task infinitely easier.