Forum Discussion

RyanParr
Qrew Assistant Captain
8 years ago

Is there a way to extract data from a log entry based off of a date range search?

Our application contains a Companies table.  Each Company has a Status field (Current Client, Former Client, Potential Client) which will log entries.  Companies can be set to current, former etc. on any day of the month which has become an issue. 

At the end of each month we would like to pull a report that shows any Company who?s Status value was ever equal to Current during a particular month. i.e. a list of all Companies that ever had a Status Value equaling Current during January 2017.  

3 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    I can help with a formula, but I'd have to see how the data comes out when you log the edits.

Can you share some screen shots of this status field that has some logged edits?
    Also, when you 'save as a spreadsheet' what format does the csv file have for that same field of logged edits?

Side Note: I usually use buttons to change statuses and the button also time stamps when it was pushed/changed so we can have easy reporting options.
    Let me know if you want to go that route, as it may make your user experience much cleaner.
  • To do more reporting on the history values and not just only on LIVE data, it's better to have an another table to track the value changes. A QuickBase webhook can be added to add a record in the history table when there is a change in the Status field.

Since the log history maintained in the text field is stored in the same field, the log entries get cumbersome in the long run to do any reporting out of it.
    RyanParr
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Sorry for the late reply, your responses must have been blocked by our new spam filter!  I'm reading up on webhooks now, if that route fails i'll share some screen shots etc. with Matthew. Thanks guys!