Forum Discussion

LarryThanner
Qrew Member
7 years ago

Is there a way to link multiple records at the same time?

I have a table with employees and a new table of items.  this new table of Items gets populated by importing  over 200 items multiple times a day.  i want to assign different employees to these items without going in to each item one at a time and using the picker to pick  for each one.  Because one employee has many items and each item will also have many employees i have a joining table to link them.  is there a way to add employees to the items without making a sorted report and hitting a button to add employee then using the picket to pick an employee for each item?

1 Reply

• I have a technique using native Quick Base to mass create those �join� records that you need to create.

I also have another technique which allows for very quick 1 click creation of join records when presenting to user of a list to choose from.

But the steps to set those up, even though they just use native URL formula buttons (no scripting), are too complicated to walk through on this forum.

Feel free to contact me through my website if you would like to see a demo. QuickBaseCoach.com