Forum Discussion

AmmarAl-Hadeeth
Qrew Member
10 years ago

Is there a way to modify multiple record in one button ??

I have a record with"Category" , "Name" and "Received" fields and I would like a button to change check all "Received" for all the records that share the same Category. I can make up an api url button but I don't know how to run multi records from the same the API function.

Thank you

12 Replies

• Typically these kinds of questions are possible, but require a Developer to come up with a method to do this.  An alternate approach which might be good enough for you would be to come up with a button which launch off a record and show all records which have the same Category as the representative record.  Then you would use Grid edit to do your updates.

Alternatively, there is a list of Developer Partners here http://quickbase.intuit.com/partners
  • Thanks for the response, Grid Edit is not an option as we are trying to make the process as simple as it can

I was able to get the records ID's of my query in an array in javascript using "get_data". I think the reset is easy but I can't see it, what is the function that will write in the data base ??

This what I have so far :

<html>

<head>

<script lang="javascript" src="mydomain///?act=API_GenResultsTable&query={'13'.EX.'category'}&clist=3&jsa=1">

</script>

</head>

<body>

<p id="demo"></p>

<script>

var req = qdb_data ;

for ( i = 0 ; i < req.length ; i++ ) { document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML += req +"<br>";}

</script>

</body>

</html>

My question is :

If "get_data" got me the record IDs that I want, How can I update these records.

Regards
  • Lol, three years ago! I still remember the project I was working on at that time. This was my first step into javascript and API calls. 

If you are reading this and facing the same issue, I have accomplished this using api_editRecord, and javascript loops. 

Please let me know if you needed more clarification
      RichRich
      Qrew Member
      I am trying to accomplish the same thing.  I have a list of records that I want to toggle a checkmark in all of them at once with a button.  Right now, its being done with "search and replace" but I want to simplify it with a Button.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      When you say toggle check box, do you want to check the checkbox all the same way? If so why not just use grid edit. Check the top box on the list, then click the column heading to highlight the whole column, then right click fill down.
      RichRich
      Qrew Member
      Yes I want put a check mark for all records.  There could be thousands.  We do it now with a search and replace but I want to do it with a single button.
  • This is actually much easier using a report link, quickbase action and a checkbox. If you need the info on how to do this still feel free to respond.