Forum Discussion

ArchiveUser
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Is there a way to prevent a user from being able to click on linked fields in a report or form?

I'm creating a customer portal and want them to be able to see reports from their dashboard and drill down to the report but I do not want them to be able to click on fields that are linked to display the detail records. Is there a way to do that without having to create separate "like" fields just for them that do not display as a link to detail records? I can set the role permissions on the fields to View Only but they are still able to click on the linked field and drill down.

9 Replies

• Go to field properties->uncheck "Display as a link to the related record".

Cheers
  • ... I don't think that there is a Role setting to prevent drilling down into a summary field, by Role, hence, mirror fields will be required. 
  • Can't uncheck "Display as a link..." as other users need to be able to drill down. Guess I'll have to create mirrored fields. QBase should make this an option. :)

• I think I've solved my own issue - I've done this a long time ago: create a cross-application relationship and just have those fields and look-up fields from my main app and not linkable. Do you think this is an option?
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Sorry, I'm not understanding your proposed solution.  How does this solve the issue of different behavior by Role and where does cross app come into this.  Are there multiple apps here?_
      ArchiveUser
      Qrew Captain
      There is only one app now but I can build a 2nd one with just the fields I need.This application will just be for the client portal pulling in the fields I need and refreshing hourly and the client will have access to this app, not the main one. So it will be a QB to QB connected table. I've done it before for a different company years ago and it worked well. Just takes a bit to set up.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      OK, I get it.  Sure, you can choose your poison so to speak.  But if this is an EOTI App, then I strongly recommend a separate app.