Forum Discussion

RajHelaiya
Qrew Captain
7 years ago

Is there any way to push data in to Quick Base table from an excel, CSV or other kind of files?

I need to push data from an excel file in to a table in a Quick Base application. I am not sure how to go about accomplishing this task. Do I need to use any external connector or other QB partners for this? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks. 

6 Replies

• You could use Connected Tables. They can pull data from external sources such as Excel, CSV and more. To create a connected table, click on add new table, and select "Connected Table" option and follow the instructions. Further, you can look it up on QuickBase documentation too.

Hope that helps.
  • I�m a big fan of the qunect ODBC - go to qunect.com

I�ve been using it daily for two years now and have found it reliable with large data sets. You use MS Access to link in many disparate xlsx, csv and text files ; transform as needed in access so that Quickbase can more readily link and summarize with correct primary and foreign keys - then use qunect to push into Quickbase
  • Can you give me more information on how to use the Qunect tool? 
  • You have to download it and install within MS Access. There is a 3-minute video on the website explaining the installation process. The software costs $500 as a one time fee.

The software creates an ODBC connection with Quickbase - any app that shares a common apptoken used in the qunect installation. You link a Quickbase into your MS Access database the same way you would any external table. At this point, your Quickbase data is viewable in Access like a regular Access table.

To push data, you write an append query in MS Access - that uses your text files as the source and Quickbase table as the destination.

The other big benefit is in troubleshooting- when a connected table starts to fail, you don�t have many options for converting to a regular table. This qunect setup gives tremendous flexibility.

Use case: On a daily basis, I refresh our backlog info from our ERP this way. First I call API_PurgeRecords, then I call my Access append query
  • thank you for the help. But i am not able to configure the Qunect, it gives me an SAML error. I tried checking the single sign on as that is what is implemented at my org but it doesn't work.