Forum Discussion

AmberPollard
Qrew Assistant Captain
6 years ago

Key Field Has No Option to Assign Reference Proxy

I am looking at the key field in the child table and contrary to the QuickBase Help files and many community posts, I don't see the option to pick the reference proxy field.

Please see image.

5 Replies

• Does the child table have any lookup fields?  It has to have some lookup fields (at least 1) as candidates to be the Reference Proxy.
  • Side note - Reference Proxies are set in your relationship field between your parent/child using a lookup value per coaches comments. From your screenshot - it looks like you're looking at the key field in your table, not specifically the field that defines the relationship

Chayce Duncan | Technical Lead
    (720) 739-1406 | chayceduncan@quandarycg.com
    Quandary Knowledge Base
  • Your relationship shows the table as a CHILD table; not the parent.  Your Trust Roles would need to be a PARENT for a Proxy Field selection to be made in the specific relationship connection field

The Key field itself will not have a Proxy field; the Related Reference field pointing to the key field will.
    AmberPollard
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Great, I'm not sure how I got so mixed up, but I found it now and have created a proxy. Thank you!