Forum Discussion

MichelleMichell
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

Legend direction for Horizontal Stacked Bar Chart

I have a horizontal stacked bar graph and the legend entries are in the opposite order of the series in the bars (i.e. the bars show yellow to pink, and the legend shows pink to yellow). Ideally, I'd like for the bars and the legend to be in the same order (either both pink to yellow, or both yellow to pink).

While I could just switch to a vertical stacked bar, I find it easier to compare lengths with the wider aspect ratio.  I tried changing the Series Direction, but it changed both the bars and the legend, so they still didn't match. Does anyone know of a way to make them go the same direction so it's more intuitive? 

Thanks!

2 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    I'd be willing to guess that you can't change that with native QB. 

It makes sense that it should be matching, but I bet they used the same logic from the vertical reports as they do for the horizontal.  Which places the top, first in the list.

I'd try adding it to user voice, but somebody else might have a way to override the order.
      MichelleMichell
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks for the quick response! I also suspect that that's the case, but I figured I'd see if anyone else had a solution.  Clearly, it's not the end of the world if it doesn't work, but it was worth checking.