Forum Discussion

PraharshaK
Qrew Member
11 months ago

Limit of API calls in a month or in a day

What is the API limit for an Enterprise? How many calls can we make in a day or in any time period? What happens if I exceed my API limit?

------------------------------
Praharsha K

2 Replies

• The limits on API usage  is determined by your very individualized plan level so you will need to talk to your account representative about your plan limits.

My understanding is that when you have a plan which is based on the number of users, then you are given an allotment for the number of API calls that you can do.

However, if you have a plan which is based on usage as opposed to users, then an API call is counted identically to a user viewing a record. Because of that the API limits are orders of magnitude higher  higher on a usage based plan. 

The other thing that changes when you were on a plan based on usage is that there is essentially no limit to the stepruns in the pipeline. Because the step run is counted as an API call. So the limits are very high.

If you start to exceed your API usage limit, you will get a friendly call from your QuickBase sales rep, kindly offering to sell you a higher limit. But your application will continue to run just fine while those discussions are on going.

if you are on a user-based plan, and you exceed your step ride limits for pipelines, then all of your pipelines will stop, which can be somewhat catastrophic. There are automated warnings when you start to approach the limits, but there is no friendly sales rep calls when that happens, they just stop dead.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      PraharshaK
      Qrew Member

Great deal of information. Thanks a lot!

Praharsha K