Forum Discussion

JeffreyDay
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Link from a Home Page to a Dashboard

Hello Hive Mind!

I need to place a link on a Home Page that links to a Dashboard. Button or Link doesn't matter, but a Button would display and fit better.

Using a Button Bar, I click add a new Button, and I have 3 options, New Record, Report, or Page.  Each of these 3 do not list my Dashboard, and while they provide a field for entering a URL, you cannot, and using it, displays a dropdown, that only lists Code Pages, Home Page (Old), and Home Pages... not Dashboard type pages.

This same behavior happens when creating a new Link on a Link Bar too.

Any ideas on how to put a button/link on a Home Page to link to a Dashboard?

Thanks!

Jeff

------------------------------
Jeffrey Day

2 Replies

• Hi Jeff,

You should be able to navigate to the dashboard, copy the URL and then paste it into the URL input of a button; we've done this on a few of our apps.  Once you save the button you can relabel it so it doesn't use the URL as the label.

Best,

Chris

Chris Wheatley
      JeffreyDay
      Qrew Member

Thank you Chris! I had tried to do that, but ... earlier attempts were thwarted because the URL word on the Page tab didn't look like a link or something that was functional... and I'd forgotten it was. Perhaps an opportunity to change the UI a little to reflect that? It is working now - thank you again!

Jeffrey Day