Forum Discussion

ElenaLarrabee1
Qrew Captain
3 years ago

List of child records on a parent record

Hey everyone, I have a kind of complicated situation I'm trying to address. I've seen others ask a similar question on the forum and I haven't yet seen an answer, but here goes:

I need to create a text field that is a concatenated list of related/child records on a parent record, so that it shows up as a text field on that record within a report. 

Essentially I have a table called "pull list items" and each item has a unique set of "support items" that need to be visible on a report of all pull list items on a form. I'm still figuring out the best way to structure this whole relationship, but I know for sure I'll need a way to copy these records as a list into a text field. 

Any ideas? 

------------------------------
Elena Larrabee

2 Replies

• np,
    Create a text field or use an existing field containing the details that you want to roll up. Then make a combined tax summary field and that will roll up all the unique instances of that field up to the parent record  

Then what I normally do is to create a new formula text field in order to improve the appearance of the combined text summary field.  The formula below will convert it from a bubble appearance to a vertical list. 

SearchAndReplace(ToText([My combined Text Summary field]), " ; ", "\n")

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ElenaLarrabee1
      Qrew Captain
      Thank you so much! I think I might even have done this before at some point and forgot, sheesh.

Elena Larrabee