Forum Discussion

JonathanBigelow
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Load a .csv file from SharePoint

Has anyone successfully retrieved data from a .csv file stored on SharePoint using pipelines?

I can authenticate to SharePoint using the SharePoint channel and use the Search Files step to find the file that I'd like to ingest, but I don't know what to do next.  The Fetch Linked File step doesn't seem to offer me what I need.  The CSV Handler channel can't authenticate to SharePoint (HTTP 403 error) when trying to pass the URL the Search Files step returns. 

Curious if anybody else has been successful with this...

Thanks!

------------------------------
Jonathan Bigelow

4 Replies

JonathanBigelow
      Qrew Member
      @Justin Torrence, interestingly enough, using either File transfer handle​ or Web url (which I was using originally but I tried File transfer handle at your suggestion) returns an input validation error.  When I look at the pipeline activity, I see Auth Schema, Username, and Password being passed in, but no value for the Csv URL (edit: I should clarify, it doesn't look like the parameter is being passed in with a blank value, I don't see the parameter at all).  When I try hardcoding the URL to the .csv on SharePoint, I get the HTTP 403 error.

Jonathan Bigelow
        JustinTorrence
        Qrew Cadet

@Jonathan Bigelow

This is going to sound very hacky, but hear me out:

1. Create an application where Everyone on the internet has a role with access to a table.
        2. That table would have one Attachment field.
        3. As part of your loop after finding the files in SharePoint
          1. Create a new record in that table
          2. Use the upload an Attachment action​ to upload the document
          3. Use the Browser URL variable that is returned from the upload an Attachment action (Now a public URL) in the Fetch CSV action.
          4. Delete the Quickbase record you created
          5. Do whatever processing you intended to do in the first place.
        Hopefully Quickbase can figure out why the File Handle URL can't be used to work with CSVs. (Also submit a Uservoice idea)

Justin Torrence
        Quickbase Expert, Jaybird Technologies
        jtorrence@jaybirdtechnologies.com
        https://www.jaybirdtechnologies.com/