Forum Discussion

ChristineWhite
Qrew Assistant Captain
9 months ago

Management Hierarchy Filter in a report

Hi,

We have a contact table that includes a reports to field.  I have been asked to create a report that also includes the subordinates in addition to direct reports.  Trying to think of the best way to do this and wondered if I could use an advanced query in the report filter?

Thanks for your help

manager-supervisor-subordinates

------------------------------
Christine White

12 Replies

• Is the Reports To field a Relationship?  Or just a Data Entry fields or a user field?  Also when you say subordinates do you mean the direct reports of the direct reports.   So instead of showing one level down you're trying to show the employees who are two levels down. Or are you trying to show all of the employees even if they are five levels down.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ChristineWhite
      Qrew Assistant Captain

Hi Mark,

The reports to field is related to the same contact table and is just 1 level deep.  I would like to include: VP-Managers-Supervisors-Direct Reports and was wondering about advanced queries?

Christine White

MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

So just to be clear you have a table with a relationship to itself in order to select a reports to and can you clarify what you mean by subordinates? Did you want to just show an extra one level down or are you trying to show all the levels down?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com