Forum Discussion

AdrienGregorj
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Many-to-many relationship and matrix table

Hi,
I have been playing around with Quick Base for two weeks now and I am facing a problem.
Basically my question is the same one than Mike here.

As an example I set up a basic App with three tables: Students, Classes and Class Hours where one Student can have many Class Hours and one Class can have many Class Hours. I would like to be able to edit my Class Hours by filling a form looking like a matrix with the Students on the lines and the Classes on the columns (see picture below).

I have been able to create this summary report as proposed but it is not directly editable which does not really solve my problem :

The solution proposed by dandiebolt@gmail.com seems really interesting but is not really detailed and I have trouble figuring how to set it up (I have some knowledge in JavaScript and JQuery and I have already set up the IOL technique for my demo app). 

I was wondering if somebody could help me, either by showing me another technique that I would have missed or by explaining more in depth how to use "HandsOnTable" within Quick Base.

Thank you very much!

Adrien

1 Reply

• UPDATE:
    I've managed to use the Handsontable library in Quick Base to display a basic array. I am now going to try to link it with actual data in my tables, if someone has advice to give regarding the best way to do this I would be glad to discuss this matter with him. 
    Thanks!
    Adrien