Forum Discussion

DanaHauser
Qrew Cadet
4 years ago

Matching similar time frames between tables

Hi,

I'm looking for a possible solution to the following situation.

I have a table for providers who have a certain availability, as well as a table for clients that have a certain availability.  I'm trying to match up clients with providers, depending on these availabilities.  

For example, if a provider has an availability from 10am to 4pm, and several clients that have availability in that range, is there a way to show a list (report) of the clients in the providers record?  Say I have 30 clients, and 5 of them are available in that time frame, how can I match them up?  Of the 5 clients, they fall within that time frame, but not exactly.  One might be available from 12pm to 3pm, another 10am to 4pm another from 11am to 2pm, etc.

I want to be able to show these possible clients on the provider record, so someone can see if there is a good fit, and assign the client to the provider if they decide to do so.  

Does anyone have a method they can recommend to accomplish this?  Can it be done using native Quickbase features?  I realize this isn't a simple task, but I don't want to spend a lot of time trying ideas that would end up going nowhere.  Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks!

------------------------------
Dana Hauser

4 Replies

MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      ... and do they all start on the hour?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DanaHauser
      Qrew Cadet
      Hi Mark.  They could be an hour, but could be several.  The providers are working with autistic clients that have different needs, so the times will vary.  They might be there for 2 hours, or it could be 5, etc.  It's an ongoing schedule every week.  They would go at the same time each week for the same amount of time.  Every morning at 9am till noon for instance.  The time frame is known, but varies between clients.  

I basically want to see which clients have time frames that fall within the providers time frame.  A provider may work from 9 to 5, but could have several clients.  One in the morning, one mid day, and one later.  A staff member would look at the potential clients and then manually decide if there is a good fit for the providers schedule. 

Thanks

Dana Hauser
        DanaHauser
        Qrew Cadet
        The start times would be on the hour, or half hour.  3 to 5, 1 to 3:30, that type of thing.

Dana Hauser