Forum Discussion

KyleMcKinnies
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Multi-Select Dates

I am working in our expense report app.  I would like the user to be able to choose multiple dates to be paid a stipend when traveling.  What is the best way to accomplish this in a single field?

------------------------------
Kyle McKinnies

8 Replies

• Do you want them to choose from a list of dates, or from a datepicker?
    For the first option, I would just hard code the dates as options in a multi-select text field.
    For the second, I would first create several date fields - however many options you want them to have - and then consolidate all the date values in a separate field.

Ahuva Brown
      KyleMcKinnies
      Qrew Member
      Thank you for your response and suggestions.  I know I can do multiple fields with date pickers and then consolidate them into one field.  My goal is to make it easier on the users, knowing they are completing the forms with the mobile app.  To me the best experience for the user would to allow them to choose multiple dates on a date picker in one field.  

Another idea (that is beyond my skill set) is if I could create a formula-multi-select field that lists today and the previous 14 days as options to select from.  Any ideas on how to accomplish that?  Thank you again.

Kyle
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        ... I don't believe it is technically possible to have the choices for a multi select field be dynamic based on a formula. 

The only other thing I could think of would be to have 14 checkboxes beside 14 calculated date fields would dynamically show the most recent 14 dates, turn them into some combined formula text field, and then have a form will save that calculated formula value into a scalar field. 

It's an aside, it is actually not too difficult to create a pipeline which would run every night and rename fields so that the field names would correspond to the most recent 14 days.  Then instead of having 14 checkboxes and 14 informational date fields to indicate which checkboxes is which, the checkbox themselves could be correctly named.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com