Forum Discussion

TonyGonzalez
Qrew Trainee
4 months ago

Multiple Attachments

I think there are ways, by DB design, to avoid this need, but it also might be worth asking. O might have multiple attachments, more than 3, needed for a record entry.  As of right now, I can only see doing this by creating a field for each attachment.  Is there a field type that allows multiple attachments in the one field?  (I realize this delves into a parent/child or a one to many relationship.)

------------------------------
Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
IT Director City of New Braunfels

2 Replies

• the best practice here is to have a child Table for your attachments. That way you can take advantage of the built-in feature that Quickbase has for multi file attachments. Juiced Technologies also has an add-on with a few more features that does the same thing. The advantage of this, especially if you were uploading pictures from a computer or a phone is that you just select multiple pictures(or on a computer drag and drop),  push the button and create multiple children with very few clicks. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      TonyGonzalez
      Qrew Trainee

Thanks, Mark.  Guess I am going to have to learn how to do a child table.

Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
      IT Director City of New Braunfels