Forum Discussion

RodericWest
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Multiple notifications after grid edit

On a single record, when we change the status to Approved, it will send the contact person, Email field, a notification. 

I have created a grid edit table, so we can update multiple records at once. However, I need a notification sent to each email on each record. How do I get Quickbase to do this? 

Image of single email: 

image when I use multiple record version: 
when I tested, each individual record got an email, but it was the multiple record version. It just displayed the field ID, and not the individual information needed per email. 

------------------------------
Roderic West

2 Replies

• One solution would be to trigger a Pipeline or Automation to fire which would update a specific field used to then trigger the Notifications.  Other words the updates would trigger the pipeline or automation, and that would in turn update a date time field to the current date time that is actually triggering the notification.

That should cause the notifications to be triggered individually and not seen by Quickbase as a mass update.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      RodericWest
      Qrew Trainee
      That worked! I tried what you mentioned before I posted, but was unsuccessful. Now it works great! Just needed a bit of your magic.

Roderic West