Forum Discussion

AnvikaReddy
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

My Requirement:

I have Two Tables (ParentCompany & Child Company)

ParentCompany fields are:
Company Name,Start Date,End Date,HC

Child Company fields are:
fullmonth,cMonth,cHC

When i Click  new parent companey button (Means adding new record) and select values like below 

Company Name:Anvika solutions
Start Date:01/05/2018(mm/dd/yyyy)
End Date:06/15/2018(mm/dd/yyyy)
HC:1

I want to final requirent is like below

Then click save button insert records

ParentCompany fields are:
Company Name,Start Date,End Date,HC
Anvika solutions,01/05/2018,06/05/2018,1

Child Company fields are:
fullmonth,cMonth,cHC
 No,Jan,0.8(beacause start date is not full month it means selected date start with 5th)
Yes,Feb,1(beacause full month),
Yes,march,1(beacause full month)
Yes,april,1(beacause full month)
Yes,may,1(beacause full month)
No,Jun,0.5(beacause end date is not full month it means selected date start with 15th)

Advance Thanks,

Anvika

3 Replies

• There is a way to do this natively, bit the details of the steps are too much to explain in detail with syntax on this forum.

Essentially you are looking to create "X number" of child records depending on the data entered in the Parent.

To to this I would make a table where the key field is user.
    Then create a button which would either add the user to the table or edit the existing userid for the current user with the details of the current user's data entry on the Parent.  I would then flow that to a table pre-loaded with say 100 records with Record ID# from 1 to 100.

I would then have each record calculate the value needed in the child table.  For example the first record would calculate the three fields needed in your example  

Yes,Feb,1(beacause full month),

Then the same button would then do a API_RunImport to copy the needed records (in this case 5 records, so Record ID 1,2,3,4 and=5 )
    to the Child table and link them up with the focus Parent record.

Contact me off line via the information on my website QuickBaseCoach.com if you require one on one assistance to get this working.
  • Thanks for your response

I have one more question

Is it Possible in Quickbase?

In grid edit when editing/ adding parent data then related multiple child records should  added/updated based on some caulations of parent data .
  • With grid edit you can manually create records and manually edit records. But grid edit will not automatically create the records for you.