Forum Discussion

DusanDjordjevic
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Need to copy all the records from a connected table to another table

Hello,

I need to copy all the records that are imported in a connected table to another table. I tried using Webhooks but they don't get triggered when all the records are imported.

Is there a way to trigger the Webhooks, or is there an API button I can create that will copy all the records? 

Thank you in advance.

Dusan

------------------------------
Dusan Djordjevic

3 Replies

• The problem with triggering web hooks is that they will trigger when every record is created or updated in the connected table.  There is a high probability that the webhooks will et triggered too quickly and fail.  It's a trigger at the rate of more than 10 per second they will fail.  

A better way would be to run a saved table to table copy using a pipeline and run that every hour.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DusanDjordjevic
      Qrew Member
      Thank you for the info Mark!

Right now I don't think I can create a pipeline, I was hoping there could be another solution out there.

Dusan Djordjevic
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        Well another option is to have an automation to do this each night and then you can also have a button to push so that the user could push the button to initiate the same table to table coffee on demand. The reason I suggested a pipeline is it a pipeline can run every hour.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com