Forum Discussion

ClaireClark
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Need to use Automations to modify records in a table that were created with Automations.

I have 3 tables: "Employees", "People Changes" and "FP&A". I have 2 Automations to add a record to FP&A when a record is added to Employees or a record is added to People Changes.

Now I am trying to set up Automations to modify the associated FP&A record when an Employee record or People Change record is modified. Currently when I modify an Employee record with the modify automation set up the way i have it, it changes ALL FP&A records. It makes sense that the automation doesn't know WHICH record to modify - but i can't understand where i'm inputting an indicator/relationship.

The key field in Employees is Employee Number and the Key Field in People Changes and FP&A are Record ID#. 

What am I missing?

2 Replies

• The relationships are somewhat complicated. There are many Employees to a People Change and many People Changes to an Employee. There are no relationships between the FP&A table and the other two tables. The only connection there is the Automation.