Forum Discussion

AnnettaColeman
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

New Dashboard developer: How to create a single # KPI report?

I am setting up Dashboards (vs Home Pages) for the first time.   I have watched University Training on Dashboards, but need a bit more guidance.

Problem:   HOW do I set up a new KPI report with single number display of Projects that meet certain criteria (e.g. Active).   From videos seems like this should be related to the 'old' circle guage charts.   I cannot find single # or circle option under gauge charts.   Can someone please help me with this simple task?   Thanks in advance.   

------------------------------
Annetta Coleman

2 Replies

• Correction.....  Trying to set up a single # KPI widget

Annetta Coleman
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      The Gauge chart behaves completely differently on a New Dashboard.  So just build a regular gauge chart and put it in the Dashboard.  The dashboard will let you have two choices as to how it will appear, neither of which will look like the native Gauge charge. But both will give that single number you are looking for.

The dashboard is particularly useful if you have a bunch of different single number KPI's you want to measure because the single number KPI's don't take up much space on the dashboard so you can have a lot of them. They can be configured to colour the square that appears in the dashboard so for example green can mean good and red can be bad (and you can use yellow for "so so" ). That way the big cheese Executive can look at a Dashboard and add a glance see what's is good and bad.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com