Forum Discussion

MaryScharenbroi
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

New Style

I do not like the new style for many of the reasons others have noted.  The major issue I have is the removal of the summary tables that  in the old style you could set to appear either at the bottom or top of the report page.  These summary tables were one of the most useful product of the database.  Not having easy access to these will increase our workload significantly and reduce the value of qbase for us.

------------------------------
Mary Scharenbroich

2 Replies

• Yes, at times those summary report at the bottom were convenient.  The suggested alternative to to make a summary report.

One approach is to use a Summary report and make a Dummy field called [ALL] with a formula of "ALL"

Make the summary report mirror the totals that you wanted, but have the first level of grouping by by ALL.  So the user would run the summary report to see the totals and then you can configure the Summary Report to use your current report for the drill down target.  So the user could then run the summary report and then click though ALL to see the detail.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MaryScharenbroi
      Qrew Trainee
      I appreciate the response.  However, it is disconcerting that a very useful tool has been removed and I now need to figure out how to create all new reports in order to use the program.  Why can't there be two ways one can show the report, one with and one without for which where the user does not chose to show the summary tables on the report?

Mary Scharenbroich