Forum Discussion

NathanAllan2
Qrew Member
4 years ago

New Summary Report Calculation

In the April release it mentions a new way to calculate aggregate data in a summary report that would solve the "average of averages" problem. But there is no reference or name of a function on how to do actually do this. In my table I have a profit margin field, but in my summary table which is by month, I don't want to just take the average of that field, as it will give me an incorrect number. I want to do the formula on the actual summed data. Is this possible now? Or am I misunderstanding the release?

------------------------------
Nathan Allan

3 Replies

• Q: Is this possible now? 
    A: No, but ... on Sunday Yes.

Yours is the classic problem that they are solving. Suppose you have a summary report by customer (running down the page)  of total order value and total gross profit dollars.   And all you want to do is divide those two columns to calculate GP%.   You will be able to do a formula using the columns of a summary report.  

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      NathanAllan2
      Qrew Member
      Ah, so Sunday is the day. Thank you. I thought it had been released already. Thanks very much.

Nathan Allan
  • Hi Nathan,

If you are looking for a little more info on how to use the new features now that they are live Brian Cafferelli just posted up an article about making use of it right here. Definitely let us know if you have any questions.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quickbase