Forum Discussion

DrewHarms
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Notifications for Users

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to Quickbase and I was trying to figure out how to set up a notification based on a user's last login date.  Basically I want a notification to go to the employee when they haven't logged in to a particular app for ~80 days.

Thank you!

------------------------------
Drew Harms

4 Replies

• .. sorry, but this is not really possible to do.  ie you can't get at the date last logged in.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DrewHarms
      Qrew Member
      This was my worry, thanks Mark.

Drew Harms
    AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    This actually is possible. Have a look at the app exchange and get the "App Library". You may need to expand on it yourself but if you bring over your Employee table you can begin creating relationships and tables to do this. You will need tables for apps then app users as the join table for employees and apps. Just know it can be done you may just need to play with connected tables here. We use this to audit our users for many things. We are using a much older version of the App Library so I cannot give explicit instructions here on what you need to do to update it.

• Hi Drew,

Along the lines of what Austin suggested you can also make use of the Admin Console Sync if you are an account admin to pull in information on your users, apps, and access data to help you identify when a user's last access is. Setup just requires building some relationships and then filtering your data to help you target just the app you are interested in, etc. I've done something like this using the admin console sync to pull in the Access data (filtered down to just the data for your current app) and User data and then relating Users to Access, then you can pull down the users email address and use the last access date to set up reminders to go out. It can get a little more complex if you have a lot of users in your account but it is one way I could think of doing something like this.

Evan Martinez