Forum Discussion

AnayaSteward
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Number of records in a report link

Hello! I've created a Report Link in my record and I wanted a way to use the number of records that appear in a Checkbox Formula. For example, I want the checkbox to be checked if the report link has more than 1 record. Is there a way to do this?

------------------------------
Anaya Steward

4 Replies

• Do you have a relationship or just a Report Link field?  if you have a relationship, edit the relationship to create a summary field to count the # of children , and use that in a formula checkbox field.​

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com
    DonLarson
    Qrew Commander
    Anaya,

Mark is correct.  Assuming your architecture is this:

Your formula for [Child Exist FC]

if ( [# of Children])<>0, true,false)
    Now you have a Formula Check Box to drive all your other business processes.

If your architecture is different, meaning your created a Report LInk field that is looking up some other value in the Target

In this case you are searching on Email Address for a match to generate the report but there is no architectural relationship.  Then you have the data to build the FC.

You can use another tool to relate the tables such as an automation or a Trigger from Juiced,  www.juicedtech.com

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH
      AnayaSteward
      Qrew Trainee
      Hello! Sorry for the late reply. I realize I haven't provided enough information about my intentions. My apologies.

There's no relationship connected to the Report Link. The report link matches a Formula - Text field with itself. Any records with the same Formula - Text value within the same table will show up in the Report Link. I'm hoping to check off a checkbox whenever more than 1 record shows up in the Report Link. How could I go about achieving this? Thank you so much!

Anaya Steward
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        ya, gotchya,

No, there is no way i know to suppress where the report link field is returning the only very record that you are on,unless you can find a way to make a relationship to make a summary field.  Note that a table can be related to itself.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com