Forum Discussion

PatrickDunn
Qrew Assistant Captain
5 years ago

Pasting images into rich text fields

Hello. If I use Firefox, I can open an image that's been saved to my desktop, right-click copy it, then paste it into a rich text field within a QB form (note: I'm aware of the record size implication). I cannot do this while using Chrome. Is anyone aware of a Chrome add-on that would enable this?

Thanks!
Patrick

------------------------------
Patrick Dunn

9 Replies

hhersch
    Qrew Captain
    Quick Base only allows the ability to paste in an image reference into a rich text field. Are you sure this is happening in Firefox and not just an image reference to a place on the web? The challenge with a rich text field is that if you paste it in, we don't actually know where you want to store it. So we currently support an image reference via URL only.

Harrison Hersch
      PatrickDunn
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Absolutely sure it's happening. You ought to be able to try it yourself in Firefox. My users find the ability quite necessary.

Patrick Dunn
        PatrickDunn
        Qrew Assistant Captain
        I believe what's happening is that in FF the image is embedded in the HTML via conversion to a string in base64.

Patrick Dunn
    PatrickDunn
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I wonder if there would be a way to do this with iol and hijacking the .onpaste event?

Patrick Dunn
      hhersch
      Qrew Captain
      It is possible, but unfortunately this isn't something we support and could cause stability issues for your users as we make upgrades throughout the product.

Harrison Hersch