Forum Discussion

KellyLyons1
Qrew Trainee
6 months ago

Pipeline help - collect data prior to creation of pipelione

I have created 2 pipelines to capture data for my Months table (reporting).  The pipeline is running fine for both the above, however it is only capturing NEW data.  I need to also collect the data/records prior to creating the pipeline.  Can anyone tell me what I am missing???

Thanks!

------------------------------
Kelly Lyons

3 Replies

• By capturing information prior to creating the Pipeline - are you trying to load the same data that you're now storing each day/month? For example - I don't know what your pipeline is doing exactly but lets say it's freezing total $ for the current month at the end of the month from Invoices. You want to track all the prior months that already happened? 

Long and the short is 1) you can do it manually or 2) you can do it via a 3rd pipeline that is 'manual' - where you can set a date range and force it to run for a specific prior month. That might look like hardcoding a data range of like 7/1/23 to 7/31/23, running the pipeline, changing it to 8/1/23 and 8/30/23 and manually running it again. 

Chayce Duncan
      KellyLyons
      Qrew Trainee

Yes,I want to populate my Months tables with the data from my other 2 tables.  Each month is a unique record, ie 1/1/2023, 2/1/2023 etc. I need to start at 1/1/2022 through 7/1/2023.

So if I am understanding you correctly, I will have to run a manual pipeline for each month time frame?

Kelly Lyons
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

If the data is easy enough to report/export out of Quickbase I would actually just suggest doing it manually and doing a one time backfill import from Excel. If the Pipeline does more logic and transformations - then I setup the 3rd pipeline and manually configure the timelines to run each month to let the process run through and then move through each month you want to process/create. 

Chayce Duncan