Forum Discussion

HankHalverson
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Pipeline outlook emails

Hello,
I am creating a pipeline to replace some of my older email notifications in QuickBase. Currently, I have an email notification sent out when a new project is created. On that email, there is a button that can be pressed that changes a record in QB and that redirects the user to a thank you page. I would like to have that same thing in the pipeline but I cannot get it to work. Any help is appreciated.

Code for email notification button:
//formatting visuals of button
var text bgcolor = "#34A853";
var text txtcolor = "white";
var text style = "style=\"text-decoration: none; background:" & $bgcolor & "; border-radius: 5px; padding: 8px 20px; color: " & $txtcolor & "; display: inline-block; font: normal 700 24px/1 \"Calibri\", sans-serif; text-align: center; text-shadow: none;";

//Inner workings of button
var text url =

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_RFP_REQUEST_FORM] & "?act=API_EditRecord&rid=" &[Record ID#]
& "&apptoken=uwi4fb9cj"
& "&_fid_139=2"
& "&rdr=" & URLEncode("https://divisionsinc.quickbase.com/db//brpms6hce?a=dbpage&pageID=19");

"<a " & $style & " href=\"" & $url & "\">Approve</a>"

On my pipeline email notification I have this:

A New RFP has been added called, {{a.rfp_name}}.
<html>
<head>
<title>Title of the document</title>
<style>
.button {
background-color: #00E500;
border: none;
color: white;
padding: 20px 34px;
text-align: center;
text-decoration: none;
display: inline-block;
font-size: 20px;
margin: 4px 2px;
cursor: pointer;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<a href="https://divisionsinc.quickbase.com/db//brpms6hce?a=dbpage&pageID=19">Approve</a>
</body>
</html>

The notification is rich text and the pipeline is in HTML, and I can't figure out how to translate it. I need the pipeline to change a record in QB when the button is pressed. Is there a better way to do this? Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
Hank Halverson
------------------------------
No RepliesBe the first to reply