Forum Discussion

JoeAcunzo__Soft
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Pipelines CSV Handler Using SFTP for Data Source

I need to monitor a folder in an SFTP folder, and import the file into a (non-connected) Quickbase table once it arrives.   Then need to move the file to another folder indicating it was processed.

The documentation of the Pipelines CSV Handler mentions an action step using an HTTP request to obtain CSV data.  Is it possible to retrieve the CSV data from an SFTP server instead (which requires authentication of course)?

------------------------------
Joe Acunzo
Quickbase Solution Provider
SoftTechExperts
joe.acunzo@SoftTechExperts.com
203-481-1222 ext. 316

3 Replies

• I have this question as well. Would really be handy.

Sherrie Drummond
      JoeAcunzo__Soft
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi Sherrie,

I ended up writing a Windows app I call QuickbaseImporter that is driven from command-line parameters (no user interface).  It can import from any folder accessible to Windows (including local drive, network drive, Dropbox, Drive, etc. if exposed as a Windows folder).  You can specify the table and fields to import into on the command line.  It can easily be scheduled to run with the Windows Task Scheduler.

If you are interested in more details, contact me at the email/phone below.

Joe Acunzo (SoftTechExperts)
      Quickbase Solution Provider
      joe.acunzo@SoftTechExperts.com
        SherrieDrummond
        Qrew Member
        Thanks Joe! I ended up using a sync'd table directly from SFTP. It seems to be working for now. Thanks again, s.

Sherrie Drummond