Forum Discussion

RobertWressell
Qrew Member
8 months ago

Pipelines owned by disabled user

We have ~50 pipelines under a user's account. That user is leaving the company and their account will be disabled.  The question is, how will this impact the pipelines? They are set up to be authenticated with tokens and not the account.

All I have found on the forums were about automations and needing to update the owner for those. I don't know if that applies to pipelines as well. I'm a realm admin so I can see the pipelines in her account, in fact I set most of them up. Is there a way to transfer Pipeline ownership like automations had? Do we need to export them and import to another account, or am I missing another way to keep them running?

------------------------------
Robert Wressell

5 Replies

ChayceDuncan
      Qrew Captain

The Pipelines should continue to run with no issue so long as the usertoken that they're set with is not tied to that person. If its actually tied to the user that is leaving / it's their personal usertoken then their denial from the realm will kill the token.

I don't believe that Pipelines shut down when a user is Denied, so there should be no immediate concern. Assuming you are a Realm Admin you can still access them using the 'Switch To User' feature of Pipelines - the only difficulty with that is the logs aren't fully accessible - so you will only see the execution of each step but if you needed the actual response data or why something failed for example then you would need to actually log in as the Pipelines owner. 

Your best case similar to Chuck's comment is to move them all under a service account instead of a singular user. 

Chayce Duncan
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

I am pretty sure that if the user who is associated with the user token is put on the deny list, then the pipeline will instantly fail.

I am pretty sure that if the user who is associated with the user token is put on the deny list, then the pipeline will instantly fail.

I agree with the suggestion to use a service account. You can simply take that user ID associated with the account and you can change the name on it and change the email address associated with it and it will be your service account. One day in the future we hope for better ability to share and transfer pipelines but until then probably the best solution is to use the service account.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com